Nominees for 2013 Positions
Look who's running for office.
This May, at the AMCLC in Washington, D.C., the ACR Council will vote on the following slate of candidates recommended by the College Nominating Committee.
Officer Position Nominees
• Albert L. Blumberg, MD, FACR, of Baltimore, for president
• Geoffrey G. Smith, MD, FACR, of Casper, Wyo., for vice president
Board of Chancellors
The CNC recommends the following members be elected to the Board of Chancellors
• Seth A. Rosenthal, MD, FACR, of Sacramento, Calif., has been recommended to run for a first term of three years for the slotted positon on the BOC to chair the Commission on Radiation Oncology.
• Howard B. Fleishon, MD, MMM, FACR, of Phoenix, has been recommended to run for a first three-year term for the open position on the BOC.
• Gerald D. Dodd III, MD, FACR, of Aurora, Colo., has been recommended to run for an additional three-year term on the BOC to chair the Intersociety Committee.
The CNC recommends the following member to be elected council speaker:
• Kimberly E. Applegate, MD, MS, FACR, of Atlanta
Council Vice Speaker
Of the following two candidates, one is to be elected by the council in a contested election to serve a two-year term as vice speaker:
• Charles K. Grimes, MD, FACR, of South Portland, Maine
• William T. Herrington, MD, FACR, of Athens, Ga.
Council Steering Committee
Of the following ten candidates, four are to be elected by the Council in a contested election to serve a two-year term on the Council Steering Committee:
• Mark D. Alson, MD, FACR, of Fresno, Calif.
• Jacqueline A. Bello, MD, FACR, of Bronx, N.Y.
• D. Lee Bennett, MD, MA, FACR, of Iowa City, Iowa
• Charles W. Bowkley III, MD, of Casper, Wyo.
• Joseph G. Cernigliaro, MD, FACR, of Jacksonville, Fla.
• Philip L. Lund, MD, FACR, of Federal Way, Wash.
• Loralie D. Ma, MD, PhD, FACR, of Baltimore
• Alexander M. Norbash, MD, MHCM, FACR, of Boston
• Richard Strax, MD, FACR, of Houston
• Timothy L. Swan, MD, FACR, of Marshfield, Wis.
Council Nominating Committee
Of the following six candidates, three are to be elected by the Council in a contested election to serve a two-year term on the CNC:
• Laura W. Bancroft, MD, of Orlando, Fla.
• Debra S. Dyer, MD, FACR, of Denver
• Jason N. Itri, MD, PhD, of Philadelphia
• Eric J. Stern, MD, of Seattle, Wash.
• Rathan M. Subramaniam, MD, PhD, MPH, of Baltimore
• Wade H. Wong, DO, FACR, of Coronado, Calif.
Of the following four members-in-training, two are to be elected by the council in a contested election to attend the 2013 Summer Conference:
• Netanel S. Berko, MD, of Bronx, N.Y.
• Florian Fintelmann, MD, of Boston
• Kristina E. Hoque, MD, of Los Angeles
• Chara E. Rydzak, MD, of Philadelphia
Private Practice Representative
Timothy A. Crummy, MD, of Madison, Wisc., was selected for one two-year term as representative to the Intersociety Summer Conference, effective in July 2013.
The election manual, featuring detailed information on the candidates will be available on the ACR website to all councilors prior to the AMCLC.
By Mary Jane Donahue