Candidates Nominated for 2012 Positions
Look who's running for office.
This April at the AMCLC in Washington, D.C., the ACR Council will vote on the following slate of candidates recommended by the College Nominating Committee (CNC).
Officer Position Nominees
• John A. Patti, M.D., FACR, of Boston, Mass., for president
• Paul A. Larson, M.D., FACR, of Neenah, Wis., for vice president
Board of Chancellors
The CNC recommends the following members be elected to the Board of Chancellors (BOC):
• Marta Hernanz-Schulman, M.D., FACR, of Nashville, Tenn., has been recommended to run for a first term of three years for the slotted position on the BOC to chair the Commission on Pediatric Radiology.
• Richard A. Geise, Ph.D., FACR, of Minneapolis, Minn., has been recommended to run for a first three-year term for the slotted position on the BOC to chair the Commission on Medical Physics.
• James A. Brink, M.D., FACR, of New Haven, Conn., has been recommended to run for two additional years on the BOC to chair the Commission on Body Imaging.
• David C. Kushner, M.D., FACR, of Virginia Beach, Va., has been recommended to run for a second three-year term to chair the Commission on Membership and Communications.
One of the following five candidates is to be elected by the Council in a contested election to serve a first term of three years on the BOC:
• Philip S. Cook, M.D., FACR, of Sarasota, Fla.
• Philip M. Devlin, M.D., FACR, of Boston, Mass.
• Jay A. Harolds, M.D., FACR, of Edmond, Okla.
• Richard N. Taxin, M.D., FACR, of Rose Valley, Pa.
• Pamela K. Woodard, M.D., FACR, of St. Louis, Mo.
Council Steering Committee
Of the following eight candidates, four are to be elected by the Council in a contested election to serve a two-year term on the Council Steering Committee:
• Mark J. Adams, M.D., FACR, M.B.A., of Fairport, N.Y.
• D. Lee Bennett, M.D., M.A., FACR, of Iowa City, Iowa
• Johnathan Breslau, M.D., FACR, of Sacramento, Calif.
• William T. Herrington, M.D., FACR, of Athens, Ga.
• Alan H. Matsumoto, M.D., FACR, of Charlottesville, Va.
• Rodney S. Owen, M.D., FACR, of Paradise Valley, Ariz.
• Eric J. Stern, M.D., of Seattle, Wash.
• Richard Strax, M.D., FACR, of Houston, Texas
College Nominating Committee
Of the following five candidates, three are to be elected by the Council in a contested election to serve a two-year term on the CNC:
• William D. Donovan, M.D., M.P.H., FACR, of Norwich, Conn.
• Dennis Kay, M.D., FACR, of New Orleans, La.
• Robert J. Rapoport, M.D., FACR, of Delmar, N.Y.
• Eric M. Rubin, M.D., of Newtown Square, Pa.
• Rathan M. Subramaniam, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., of Weston, Mass.
Of the following four members-in-training, two are to be elected by the Council in a constested election to attend the 2012 Summer Conference:
• Mai-Lan Ho, M.D., of Boston, Mass.
• Conor B. Reilly, M.D., of San Antonio, Texas
• Deepa Sheth, M.D., of Naperville, Ill.
• David W. Swenson, M.D., of Brooklyn, Conn.
The CNC, in consultation with the chair of the BOC, selected Burton P. Drayer, M.D., FACR, of New York, N.Y., to serve a second three-year term on the BOC as the representative from the RSNA.
Private Practice Representative
• David J. Seidenwurm, M.D., FACR, of Carmichael, Calif., was selected for one two-year term as representative to the Intersociety Summer Conference, effective August 2012.
The 15th annual election manual, featuring detailed information on the candidates, will be available on the ACR website to all councilors prior to the AMCLC.
By Mary Jane Donahue