ACR Weekend Reads: Women's Health Month
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? May is Women's Health Month; check out these ACR Weekend Reads which feature journal studies, articles and case studies relevant to women's health.
1. Improving Global Care: Three radiology residents were recipients of the Goldberg-Reeder Travel Grant in 2016. They traveled to three continents — South America, Africa, and Asia.
2. Bright Ideas: Practices are getting creative as they market their services in a changing health-care environment.
3. What Do Patients Want to Know? Questions and Concerns Regarding Mammography Expressed Through Social Media: Authors of this JACR® study identified questions and concerns patients have regarding breast cancer screening mammography to establish priorities in patient education and healthcare communication.
4. Radiology in Rwanda: A radiologist from Brigham and Women’s Hospital leads breast ultrasound and image-guided biopsy training in Rwanda, reducing unnecessary surgeries for women with suspected cancer.
5. Implementation of an Intimate Partner Violence Screening Assessment and Referral System in an Academic Women’s Imaging Department: Authors of this JACR study sought to evaluate implementation of a novel IPV screening and referral system for women presenting for mammography.