ACR Weekend Reads: Patient Experience Week
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? It's Patient Experience Week; check out these ACR Weekend Reads on all things patient-related in the radiology community!
1. Rethinking the Patient Experience: A radiology resident recounts his journey undergoing cancer treatment — and its impact on him as a physician.
2. Improving the Interventional Radiology Patient Experience: Effect of a Phone Communication System Revision: Authors of this JACR® study sought to determine the effect of a redesigned phone system for interaction with IR patients and referring physicians on the quality of “customer care” and satisfaction.
3. Improving Our Patients’ Experience in Their Radiological Care: Bibb Allen Jr., MD, FACR, discusses the best ways for radiologists to improve their patients’ experience with the health care system.
4. Using Quality Improvement Methods to Improve Patient Experience: This JACR paper explores how patient experience is measured and its role in radiology, including its impact on clinical outcomes and reimbursement.
5. Social Media and the Patient Experience: In this JACR article, authors examine the number of ways radiologists can embrace social media to improve the patient experience.
6. Virtually Connected: Radiologists at Massachusetts General Hospital use virtual consults to review findings with patients and PCPs.
7. Redesigning Care: Emory University creates a unique consultative environment to deepen radiology’s role in the provision of patient-centered cancer care.
8. Improving with Patients: Virginia Mason Medical Center engages patients in process improvement workshops to solve radiology and institution-wide challenges.