ACR Weekend Reads: Black History Month
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? In honor of Black History Month, check out these ACR Weekend Reads for a pulse check on the status of diversity and inclusion in radiology.
1. Black Women and Breast Cancer: Disparities Continue: Cheryl Herman, MD, discusses why breast cancer still disproportionately affects black women and what can be done to address it.
2. Improving Diversity, Inclusion, and Representation in Radiology and Radiation Oncology Part 1: Why These Matter: Part 1 of a 2-part position article from the ACR Commission for Women and General Diversity examines the status of diversity and inclusion in radiology and radiation oncology.
3. Hidden Figures: Although diversity and inclusion have improved in medicine overall, the radiology profession faces continuing challenges and special opportunities.
4. Diversity and Inclusion in IR: Derek L. West, MD, MS, discusses how radiologists can leverage diversity and inclusion to better serve patients.
5. Diversity Matters: Radiology leaders in Nashville bring diversity and inclusion to the forefront with initiatives to recruit, retain, and advance top talent.