ACR Weekend Reads: Lung Cancer Screening
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? During this Lung Cancer Awareness Month, check out these ACR Weekend Reads featuring discussions, studies, and stories involving lung cancer screening today.
1. Implementation of Comprehensive Lung Cancer Screening Programs — Thinking Beyond the CT: A resident discusses what she learned through implementing a resident-driven lung cancer screening program.
2. So You’re Coming in for Lung Cancer Screening: This handy flier summarizes everything your patients should know before undergoing a low-dose CT scan; print it out and share!
3. Imagined Case Study: Lung Cancer Screening: In this fictionalized case study, can the radiologist at a struggling hospital convince administrators to establish a lung cancer screening program?
4. ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Lung Cancer Screening: A multidisciplinary expert panel provides the 2018 review of the ACR Appropriateness Criteria for lung cancer screening.
5. Controversies in Lung Cancer Screening: Study authors address a number of concerns related to lung cancer screening that continue to be debated.
6. Lung Cancer Messages on Twitter: Content Analysis and Evaluation: Study authors seek to describe and evaluate the levels of lung cancer communication across the cancer prevention and control continuum for content posted to Twitter during a 10-day period in 2016.