ACR Weekend Reads: Emotional Intelligence
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? Check out these ACR Weekend Reads on the key role emotional intelligence plays in a fulfilling and successful radiology career.
1. A New Kind of Intelligence? Richard B. Gunderman, MD, PhD, discusses the relationship between emotional intelligence and success.
2. Becoming a Better Leader: Two radiologists discuss honing management skills through emotional intelligence.
3. RLI Taking the Lead Podcast, Episode 119: Emotional Intelligence: Cheri L. Canon, MD, FACR, discusses how emotional intelligence can be helpful in being an effective leader, recognizing burnout, and building a better practice.
4. Emotional Intelligence: Emotional intelligence is a key component of a fulfilling career in radiology and devoting attention to it can enhance the quality of work and life.
5. When the Radiologist Becomes the Patient: One New York City radiologist establishes a rounding program to raise her department’s profile and help patients.