ACR Weekend Reads: Burnout
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? Check out these ACR Weekend Reads surrounding the exigent topic of burnout: what it is, how it affects patients and radiologists, what other radiologists are doing to address it, and what you can do to avoid it.
1. Slowing the Burn: What is burnout, and what are some strategies radiologists can implement to address it?
2. Easing the Burden: The effects of burnout can be devastating, and it's higher among physicians than the rest of the working population. Geraldine B. McGinty, MD, MBA, FACR, Chair, discusses what the ACR is doing about it.
3. Image is Everything: A resident discusses the impact of the 2017 ACGME resident-hour restriction changes.
4. Hello Rounds: A Milwaukee radiologist finds increased engagement with his patients reaps rewards for both parties: "The benefits are a two-way street.”
5. Career Planning, Transitioning and Avoiding Burnout: J. Paul Nielsen, MD, MPH, offers advice to radiology students, residents and fellows on setting realistic goals and achieving work-life balance.
6. Behind the Curtain: Ohio radiologists collaborate with a patient advocate to implement a direct results delivery program that decreases patient anxiety and reinvigorates radiologists' sense of purpose and connection to their job.