ACR Weekend Reads: Honing Leadership Skills
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? Check out these ACR Weekend Reads which include stories, studies, and strategies surrounding optimal leadership in your field.
1. Becoming a Better Leader: Two radiologists discuss honing management skills through emotional intelligence.
2. Behind the Curtain: Ohio radiologists collaborate with a patient advocate to implement a direct results delivery program that decreases patient anxiety and gives radiology a face.
3. Stepping Up to Leadership: Geoff Rubin, MD, MBA, FACR professor of radiology at Duke University and Geraldine McGinty, MD, MBA, FACR, breast imager and chief strategy officer at Weill Cornell Medicine discuss how to prepare for new responsibilities, new team dynamics, increased expectations, greater demands on your time and new skill sets.
4. Navigating the Rapidly Changing Business Landscape: Managing and Motivating Your Team: Authors discuss management strategies to help motivate teams during disruptive times.
5. Dedicated to Pediatric Care: An interventional radiologist leads the creation of a dedicated pediatric IR department at Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital.