ACR Weekend Reads: Patient-Centered Care
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? Check out these ACR Weekend Reads on the importance of patient-centered care in radiology.
- Rethinking the Patient Experience: A radiology resident recounts his journey undergoing cancer treatment — and its impact on him as a physician.
- Difficult Doctors, Difficult Patients: Building Empathy: Effective doctor-patient communication facilitates the therapeutic relationship, promotes patient physical and mental health, and improves physician satisfaction.
- Patient Forward: A multidisciplinary team invites patients and their families to a weekly thoracic oncology clinic at Elkhart General Hospital.
- Transparent Conversations: An informed healthcare consumer seeks care for recurrent kidney stones only to walk away with a steep bill. How could price transparency have helped?
- Watch and Learn: California radiologists implement patient-facing videos to decrease patient anxiety and physician burnout.