ACR Weekend Reads: Breast Imaging
Looking for content to peruse with your coffee this weekend? During this Breast Cancer Awareness Month, check out these ACR Weekend Reads featuring case studies, stories and discussions around breast imaging today.
1. Radiology in Rwanda: A radiologist from Brigham and Women’s Hospital leads breast ultrasound and image-guided biopsy training in Rwanda, reducing unnecessary surgeries for women with suspected cancer.
2. Radiology Saved My Life: An ACR staff member shares her personal experience with breast cancer, and why she's particularly grateful for the ACR's unwavering advocacy for womens' access to yearly mammograms.
3. When Looks Can Be Deceiving: This unusual Case in Point™ case of the month featured an uncommon diagnosis in breast imaging.
4. Overcoming Obstacles: Lack of screening contributes to higher breast cancer mortality rates among underrepresented minorities.
5. Radiology Done Right: Breast imaging sets the bar for other specialties when it comes to high quality patient care and best health care practices.